Monday, December 27, 2010

Bear wrestling...

Today we return to the dentist. For us this is like wrestling a bear! Regan to put it nicely HATES going to the dentist. Well, let me rephrase that he loves the waiting room at the dentist it's when they call his name to go back that we have a problem. Our dentist has a cool little tree house kind of thing in the waiting room. He slides a million times a minute but you let that sweet lady come out and call his name and the kicking and screaming begins. Our dentist sees special needs patients only at a certain time to "allow for more one on one time." I think he does it so that Regan doesn't scare the other patients! Now as he head into the little room Regan gains all kinds of super human strength and then it takes an army to get him on the chair!!!

What follows next is something out of a horror film. Usually involves screaming, crying ,clawing, begging, kicking, 3 assistants, a dentist and me. It's just plain ugly in there!! When we finally get done Regan has lots of bruising all over his face and neck from where the capillaries have busted. I'm sweating, his sweating, the assistants are talking about how they are glad it's lunch so that they can rest after that and I swear we will NEVER do that again!! But of course then we find out we need to come back in a few weeks and get a tooth fixed!!

Our trip today is because of cavity. A tiny little place he tells me, won't even need to numb him up. I'm not looking forward to it and may need some medication myself to make it through this.

No comments:

Post a Comment